Friday 9 March 2012

Jewels and Quartz and Chanel

I think i gasped with delight at the images of Chanel's Paris show earlier this week.  The pillars of amethyst and quartz were truly beautiful, but I expect nothing less from Karl.

Chanel designer Karl Lagerfeld turned Paris's Grand Palais into Krypton
Guardian
Chanel RF12 0004
Fashionista.com

I also love this image of street style from (i think) the Paris shows.  Jewel overload where more is definitely more!
jewel
SnobFashionSource

Inspired by these images, I was drawn to this piece from one of my favourite etsy-ers, Freidasophie.
Burgundy Amethyst Druzy Necklace 14k Gold
Freidasophie

Wouldn't you just love some amethyst bookends like these from Dovecoat-Westport?
Amethyst Bookends
Elle Decor
Or a bejeweled dress from Topshop?

Topshop  


This graphite stone print from thepairabirds at Etsy is stunning and would make a beautiful addition to a wall of mixed prints.

Graphite, (Geometric Stone) 8X10 Art Print


 And for an easily interchangeable and inexpensive ode to all things jeweled, Stila's range of gorgeous jewel toned eye shadows are too beautiful!

Stila Eyeshadow in Pearl

2 comments:

  1. I tend to deplore the turn some fashion houses take after the death of their original founders (If only we could resurrect Coco Chanel along with Freddie Mercury, Elsa Schiaparelli and Maria Callas), but Lagerfeld, despite being quite original himself, knows what he's doing. It's so amazing how the Chanel show set can have such an influence... It's like there's no need for the fashion itself!
    Love,
    S
    http://mademoisellesonushka.blospot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear,
    I found your blog by chance, while peeking others and I decided to check it out! I’m glad I did it, because I am really delighted with yours. It's beautiful, well structured, interesting… and it has completely got me hooked. I think we're going to get along just fine! ;)
    I'm following your blog right away and I’d be very pleased if you joined me as well!
    I wish you lots of success and will surely come back!kisses

    http://cottoncandy-peaches@blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, dont forget to link your blog so I can check it out :)