Tuesday 6 March 2012

Wine Tasting

No blogging yesterday because I went straight from work to a wine tasting course at Armadale Cellars.  The one and a half hour course focused on Chablis and I can say that I am a little bit of an expert on this French wine now!  Well maybe not an expert, but I thoroughly enjoyed tasting 7 varieties that ranged from a starting price of $42 a bottle, up to $150 a bottle.  Now I like a good wine but I have never splurged $150 so it was lovely to taste a wine of this quality.  My favourite, however, was the 2008 Domaine Moreau-Naudet Premier Cru Forets. Phew, what a mouthful.  Its around $70 per bottle.  Maybe for a super super special occasion!

Armadale Cellars offer a range of wine courses for beginners to experts and they are thoroughly enjoyable so if you are interested in wine and live in Melbourne, you should check them out.

But one exciting item I did purchase were some used wine crates.  After spying a gorgeous image of herbs being grown in used wine crates, I knew I just had to pick some up.  They were $10 each, but that's cheaper than I found them on eBay.

must do
LLH Designs

I think this project will keep me busy this weekend.  If you want to copy this look, the original post and how-to is over at LLH Designs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, dont forget to link your blog so I can check it out :)