Sunday 22 January 2012

The diet

In order to try and be far healthier in 2012, I have taken on the Bodyism diet, also known as the Clean and Lean Diet.


Devised by Australian personal trainer James Duigan, he now live in the UK and trains some of the most famously in shape celebs: Elle MacPherson, Rosie Huntington Whitely, Holly Valance and Hugh Grant are just a few of his clients.  


I first bought James' book "the Clean & Lean Diet" around 12 months ago.  I was really impressed by what he was writing about and his approach to food.  I have since bought his second book "Clean & Lean: Flat Tummy Fast".  Again, full of useful info and a few great recipes.  But the real clincher to me getting on board this diet was his latest release "The Clean & Lean Cookbook" which has a heap of recipes, rather than just a few dotted throughout the book.  And can I tell you I am now an absolute convert to his ways.  The reason is I love food.  Like really love it, and this does not feel like deprivation.  He encourages you to have a calorie laden meal once a week and really enjoy it.  Its just rather about smarter choices that will last you a lifetime, not a crash diet.  You don't feel as though its chore to stick to, and you don't wake up starving in the middle of the night!!


Many of my workmates are also converts and we work in the fitness industry, so talk about food diets etc all the time.  This has been the biggest hit!


I now find myself looking at food so differently.  All the "low fat" food has been ditched from my diet.  It is full of chemicals and sugar to make it taste good.  Into my diet are fresh vegies, lean meat cuts, berries, seeds and good fats like coconut oil and avocado.  I have followed his diet pretty closely for the last 2 weeks and have lost 1.5 kilos.  I really only want to lose about 5, so to have 1.5 come off so quickly is amazing.


So if you are looking to re-educate yourself about food and get off the low fat diet train, I highly recommend you pick up his books.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, dont forget to link your blog so I can check it out :)