Tuesday 17 January 2012

Health and Fitness - Running the Tan!

So it has been just over a week of trying to get back into health and fitness and I feel as though it is going great guns so far.  I have been able to stick to a healthy diet, with a few enjoyments along the way.  I have also been able to stick to the exercise plan; despite being quite busy at work.  I guess the important thing is to make it a priority for yourself, and also get a friend or family member involved. 

On Saturday I ran 'The Tan' with my Cousin.  Knowing that he was going to turn up on my doorstep meant that I actually got out of bed at 6:30am on a Saturday and made the trek into town to jog around this famous running track in Melbourne.

The Tan is a 3.8km track that takes its name from the colour of the sandy wide pathway that circles the Botanic Gardens and Kings Domain.  Its pretty flat aside from one absolutely killer hill (which I do at the start to get it over and done with).  Its also a place to play spot the sporting celebrity as it is frequented by Aussie Rules Footballers and some tennis players have been spotted recently due to the Aus Open.


As you can see, it was a little chilly and overcast on Saturday, but the lovely wide paths and City views are worth it!! (PS these shots were taken with a phone, so excuse their fuzzyness!!)


If you live in Melbourne or visit, make sure you give the Tan a go!  You can take it easy, or set a pace for yourself, and the scenery is worth it.  So is the breakfast afterwards!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, dont forget to link your blog so I can check it out :)