Sunday 8 January 2012

New Years Resolutions

Hi lovely readers, sorry for the lack of blog posts lately.  I have been coming and going to our beach house which has absolutely no internet connection.  Not even my phone has internet coverage.  So I am a little disconnected, which is perhaps a good thing :)


Now to my New Years Resolution.....


I know what you are thinking, New Years Resolutions are a waste of time, particularly health and fitness ones.  You never stick to them, the good intentions long forgotten as soon as temptation is waved in front of your nose...or you actually just forget what you promised yourself after a few champagnes.


Oh, and I am a week late......


But I decided that starting a fitness and health regime cold turkey on January 1st could likely kill me, and that I needed to ease into this slowly. 


My first goal is to run the 14km "run for the kids" in Melbourne on April 1st.  To get there I am going to be doing a variety of training, not just running, and will overhaul my carb overloaded diet.  I will blog a little bit about this along the way, trying out new fitness trends, different exercise techniques and posting some healthy recipes.


I also wanted to give a shout out to the following blogs who gave me a little inspiration to tackle this!


Reidy's WBT challenge
Beat the Binge


I hope you enjoy reading about my fitness and health adventures :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, dont forget to link your blog so I can check it out :)